Have you heard? The Turkey Trot is still on!
This year, the race will take place on Thanksgiving morning at Camp Jordan where we have sole access to the park to allow for social distancing. The only race this year is the 8k event.
Thursday, November 26
323 Camp Jordan Parkway
East Ridge, TN 37412
Here are some of the changes that the Chattanooga Track Club has made to the 2020 year:
- Scheduled starts to ensure social distancing
- Emails will be sent to those who sign up in order to select their own start time. This also ensures those who wish to run together, remain together.
- Self-supported liquids are highly encouraged
- Please feel free to bring your own water bottle
- One (1) aid station will be provided along the route as a self-serve. Cups will be separated to ensure only one cup is being touched at a time
- Bib pickup available pre-race
- All volunteers will be masked and gloved to help prevent unnecessary touching
- No post-race award ceremony
- Results will be texted to each runner as they cross the finish line (be sure to register your phone number to take advantage of this feature!)
- Placements will be posted post-race on the Chattanooga Track Club (CTC) Facebook, as well as the CTC website
- Physical awards can be picked up at the CTC office during a scheduled time
- All other awards will be emailed
- Hand sanitizer readily available at all physical stations
This 8k course will be certified! Soon, there will be a video run-through of the track so that runners can know what to expect. This will be a fast course. Perfect for those looking to set a PR!
For t-shirts this year, CTC will be ordering shirts as soon as registration closes. Shirts can be picked up at the Chattanooga Track Club office as soon as they arrive.
Register below, find any updates on the race as Thanksgiving Day grows closer, or submit any questions you may have!